Do Calgary business women know how to mix business with pleasure?
This past Tuesday, October 5th, I attended a fundraising Gala organized by a local business woman, Nancy Drew of Drew and Associates. What a great success! I just wanted to comment on the nature of events like this; the outcome is so positive that I wonder why more businesses don’t embrace such events, whatever the cause.
This event was organized to raise money for the desperate orphans in Haiti through God’s Littlest Angels. I don’t know yet how much money was raised but I estimate it will be over $20,000 with a 100% of it going towards helping the orphans.
Here is why I think this was a win-win situation for everbody involved:
- we raised much needed money for the voiceless kids in Haiti
- we had a nice evening out and had fun in the fancy and friendly environment provided by Rush
- we met a lot of other like-minded local business women
- we had the opportunity to get great deals by bidding on excellent auction items such as: great spa packages, weekend getaways, designer clothes, office space, etc.
- we were able to network with each other in a more relaxed and friendly atmosphere then your usual business environment and learn about each other’s businesses
- I am sure there are other benefits that I cannot thinnk of right now (please let me know in your comments)
- Yes, I just thought of another cool thing. We all went home with a wonderful rose (still displayed on my coffe table) and a great goodie bag stuffed with valuable gifts and coupons
Who says business has to be dry and stressful? I am looking forward to attend more of these kind of events and eventually put one on myself. Most of us have a cause we feel strongly about. The small business women and men in Calgary are a dynamic group with a lot of drive, imagination and compasion. What a great place to be.
Please share your thoughts and comments.