First off Happy New Year! May 2014 be the best year yet!
Was 2013 a smashing good year for you? I am talking from business point of view.
Did you achieve what you set out to do? Did you achieve your financial and your business development goals?
If you did: CONGRATULATIONS! You know what you’re doing, are surrounded by great people who influence you and help you along.
Let me ask you a question: Did you actually have a well thought out plan that you followed last year? If you are like a lot of small business owners and individual professionals you did not have a plan, no one that you actually added to a calendar and followed and of course modified as needed.
No problem. This year could be different.I want to help you create a simple marketing calendar for 2014. This might be something you have never done or I might be insulting you by suggesting you don’t have a top of the line, smoking 2014 marketing calendar already. If the latter is the case I apologies. If not, this is a good start.
Here are some quick pointers on how to get started:
- Use color coding. You will have some marketing events that only apply to prospective clients and some that only apply to your current clients so either create 2 separate marketing calendars or use color coding to distinguish. Color coding is a good way to manage different aspects of your calendar
- Use a marketing template. There are several templates online you can use or modify to your liking so don’t spend time making one from scratch. You can also just use a printed calendar or day-timer.
- Add the “must do” items first. You might already be committed to attend some events or JV with somebody so fill in those dates first
- Then add your your other items but don’t over analyze, you can always change and adjust
- Make sure you reach your audience in across different channels. Some people will open your email, some like to talk on the phone or at least listen to an audio message, some are responsive when contacted through social media.
These are just a few pointers that will help you get started. To your success!! Have a profitable 2014!
As usual, information is great to have but without taking action it’s not going to help you much so TAN = Take Action Now!
PS. Leave a comment. Tell us what are you doing now and what worked for you in the past and what didn’t.